Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:00:28 -0500
From: "T.R.E.Jr." <T_R_E_Jr@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] Re: Digest Support

- -Hey gang,

- ---Just wanted to take a minute to ask all who have not contributed to
consider where we would be if the Digest had to close the doors. You have
three choices AFAIC, and those are the BB, Vendor boards and other IHC
related email services. I will not even consider Pirate4x4 as a source of
information or friendly atmosphere. Though the boards are nice, I don't see
the same atmosphere that I see here. Here, people who "don't know jack"
don't post jack, and if they do, there are quickly and politely corrected.
There, they can just be a screen name and blurt things out in text.

- ---I have been on the list for close to three years and have very much
enjoyed the company of the other members. I have enjoyed the stories from
others' telling tales of past happenings, gatherings and blunders. If it
weren't for the Digest, I would surely go on without even knowing I missed
an event, and without hearing how much fun you all had and what nice people
attended. Without the Digest, I would not have had to opportunity to hear of
the rear axle bearing problems, the misfortune Mr. Hofstetter's wife
endured, Mac's wife safely arriving at home to family again, and the passing
of Scott S. (I would surely have called the shop in the future asking for
him).

- ---As you may know, since my registering, I have wanted to attend a
gathering, but as life would play it, I am stuck working toward a better
future and when time permits, I get a break... still, there is always
something to do. Technically, there is no spare time, there is no extra
time, there is just time. Maybe in time I will be able to attend a gathering
and get to at least shake the hands of all the cavemen/people that
drew/wrote the pictographs/text on the cave walls/eMail. I never had the
opportunity to meet Scott S., but in what conversation I did have with him,
I could tell he was a great man. I would like the chance to meet many others
of you and hear the stories of days/events gone past... while sitting around
the fire and eating BBQ.

- ---FWIW, we knew we didn't have much, but when I told the wife I had to at
least send a double sawbuck, she smiled and nodded her head. We aren't doing
great, but we aren't in debt so much that we couldn't offer support. She
understands that not only does this service benefit me, but allows me to
help others now and again. Please help others' by helping Richard. In doing
so, you will be helping yourself, cause I  know each and everyone here has
raised an eyebrow at least once saying "I didn't know that" when someone
else stated a fact relating to IHC.

- ---BTW, she says hello to ya Mac and asks how your better half is.

- ---Furthermore, this isn't something that Richard should feel guilty
about.
I don't feel guilty about only being able to send $20 (cover your eyes) shit
happens. Hope you enjoy the new area Richard.

- ---Thank you,
- -T.R.E.Jr.
- -`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
- -`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
- -`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
- -`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza