Re: [ihc] Re: Digest Support

----- Original Message -----
From: "T.R.E.Jr." <T_R_E_Jr@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Cc: "Mac" <mac@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 11:00 AM
Subject: [ihc] Re: Digest Support

> [...]
> information or friendly atmosphere. Though the boards are nice, I don't
see
> the same atmosphere that I see here. Here, people who "don't know jack"
> don't post jack, and if they do, there are quickly and politely corrected.
> There, they can just be a screen name and blurt things out in text.
>
> ---I have been on the list for close to three years and have very much
> enjoyed the company of the other members. I have enjoyed the stories from
> others' telling tales of past happenings, gatherings and blunders. If it
> weren't for the Digest, I would surely go on without even knowing I missed
> an event, and without hearing how much fun you all had and what nice
people
> attended. Without the Digest, I would not have had to opportunity to hear
of
> the rear axle bearing problems, the misfortune Mr. Hofstetter's wife
> endured, Mac's wife safely arriving at home to family again, and the
passing
> of Scott S. (I would surely have called the shop in the future asking for
> him).
>
> ---As you may know, since my registering, I have wanted to attend a
> gathering, but as life would play it, I am stuck working toward a better
> future and when time permits, I get a break... still, there is always
> something to do. Technically, there is no spare time, there is no extra
> time, there is just time. Maybe in time I will be able to attend a
gathering
> and get to at least shake the hands of all the cavemen/people that
> drew/wrote the pictographs/text on the cave walls/eMail. I never had the
> opportunity to meet Scott S., but in what conversation I did have with
him,
> I could tell he was a great man. I would like the chance to meet many
others
> of you and hear the stories of days/events gone past... while sitting
around
> the fire and eating BBQ.
>
> ---FWIW, we knew we didn't have much, but when I told the wife I had to at
> least send a double sawbuck, she smiled and nodded her head. We aren't
doing
> great, but we aren't in debt so much that we couldn't offer support. She
> understands that not only does this service benefit me, but allows me to
> help others now and again. Please help others' by helping Richard. In
doing
> so, you will be helping yourself, cause I  know each and everyone here has
> raised an eyebrow at least once saying "I didn't know that" when someone
> else stated a fact relating to IHC.
>
> ---BTW, she says hello to ya Mac and asks how your better half is.
>
> ---Furthermore, this isn't something that Richard should feel guilty
about.
> I don't feel guilty about only being able to send $20 (cover your eyes)
shit
> happens. Hope you enjoy the new area Richard.

I was only able to send $15, this month.  But if we all do a little, I feel
that the results will amount to much more than if we did not help because we
thought that it would not amount to much.  Any one know how many folks are
on the lists that Richard serves?  If we would multiply that by even $10
:-)?

This is currently the only list that I am on, mainly because of you friends
that have become family.  Thanks Richard, for allowing us to return in a
small way, for what you have provided for us.
Jim A.