[ihc] Re: Capacity of a ScoutII Roof rack

I took my factory roof rack off and put on some quick & easy brackets with
square steel tubing cross pieces. I put foam pipe insulation over the square
tubing.

These racks are stronger and way more useful than the factory racks. I have
carried boats, hang gliders  and even a load of railroad ties on the roof with
no problems.  I also have a removable rack that mounts to the front bumper.

m alexander