Re[2]: Spam? (or scam)

not to rain on anyone's conspiracy parade or anything...

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:26:41 -0500 "Jeff Randolph @ Bigscout79" <Bigscout79@domain.elided> wrote:

> Subject: Re: Spam? (or scam)
> > ---Why do you think it will stop functioning on 9-10. Did you dissect
> the
> > program or was that some type of humor that I failed to see?

> I'm guessing this was directed at me.  No humour intended.  I read this
> in
> more than a few places. In fact, the article you linked to mentioned
> 9/10 as
> well as the end date. If you read right before the last section in it it
> says exactly what I was psuedo-phrasing.

> I agree it is an odd date to "supposedly" be ending on.

well, it is, but this is version F of a worm that has had 5 previous
incarnations, each with a hardwired termination date.

evidence is that what is going on is actually a spammer ring trying to get
control over a lot of PCs on broadband connections so they can spam away
freely.

richard