That sinking feeling....

Binders,
   I was driving Good to work today as usual. 70 miles round trip right
now.
   So I get half way there andhad to stop for one of those annoying
tolls on the GSP when I realised that my brake pedal sung right to the
floor!
   I said to myself, "darn, I hate when that happens."
   So, I punped the brakes enough to stop at the toll and pay. I
couldn't fix anything at 5 in the morning anyway, so I just drove into
work. It was only one more toll and 3 stop lights, that I caught all
three green.
   I was thinking that I must have ruptured the rear flex line and that
was causing my pedal pressure loss.
   After I parked the truck I got out and looked underneath. Sure
enoughthere was fluid dripping down right around the pumpkin.
   So, I said to myself, "darn it, I knew it."
   So, I went to work, I figured I would bring a beam clam back from the
job and clamp the rubber line shut above the hole and drive it to Pep
Boys and get a new line.
   So, after work I brought the beam clamp ack from the job and crawled
under the truck to clamp it on. As I was doing that I realized that the
rubber wasn't leaking, the steel line going to the drivers side wheel
was broke about 2 inches past the splitter block.
   I quickly crawled out from under the truck to see if I had my flair
kit in the back of the truck.To my great amazement it was there!
   I said to myself,  "Woo, hoo."
   So, under the truck I go with my flair kit. I break the old broken
line nut off and clean it up nice with my rag, unspiral the spiral stuff
off the other section and cleaned that up, and got into my flair making.
(That run-on sentence brought to you ny Hofs, and the letter "J")
   As I am about to do my double flair I realise that something is
wrong.... I forgot to put the nut on the line! Doh! So I cut the new
flair off the slide the nut on, and flair the end again.
   Now, all that is left is to bleed the line out. I opened u the
pssenger side bleeder and watched the new fluid and air bubbes gravity
feed out of that side. After a minute of bubble free bleeding I closed
that side and went to the other side.
   Again, gravity bleed the line and when all the air stopped coming out
I closed it up, topped off the master cylinder and headed home.
   As I pulled away I was suprised that the brakes where still a bit
mushy, but; a pump or two would bring them right up. I figured once I
got home I would get Tine to help me bleed them a bit more.
   Once I got home I realised that I was home alone and Tine wouldn't be
home for some time.
   So, I headed out to bleed the line again myself. I popped open the
hood, to find....I had left the clamp off the top of the master
cylinder!
   I said to myself, "You were stupid to do that."
   Once the clamp was secured across the lid I had a nice rock solid
brake pedal!
   So, that was my adventure of the day. No FORDs to rescue like some
people, but; exciting none the less.
   This story has been edited to fit into our family style format here,
you can add your own colourful adjectives in the quotes that you would
like.

Dan Nees
danees@domain.elided