Been a while...IH sale, new ride, plea for help.

Hey all,
Hope this finds you all well. I've been without home internet for a week or two now, and only dial-up at work, so I'm going through some withdrawals. :-)

On the IH front, it looks like I've sold my '60 B140 to a good home with a lister. I'm too busy with life to give this truck what its due, and I won't preside over its slow decay. I will now move on to finding new homes for the crew cab and my B184. I'm of course sad to see such a truck as this go, as I have been with all my IHs, but it's all part of the continuing development of my understanding of myself, what I want, need, and can do. I've even considered selling the 800B, but it would be hard to get my money back from it, and I'm not prepared yet to take a loss.

Some of this has come about as I get to know my daily driver well, a new-to-me sheriff-brown 1993 Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 128k miles and a $590 price tag. Runs and drives sweetly, has about the right amount of luxury for a guy like me, and requires (allows?) little investment of my time or energy to do its job. I'll add a push bar and a hitch, and already upgraded the stereo, but I won't be doing any major mods or 'restoring' it.

Anyway, if you've read this far with such limited IH content, perhaps you can help me out! At another surplus auction, I picked up a Garland electric stove/range, a four-burner + griddle model over a convection oven. It retails between 3 and 5 thousand bucks, but I picked it up for $35. In order to get it in my home, I need to remove the Century 1/3HP electric motor mounted on the back; the shaft runs into the oven and to a 8-9" dia. tab-lock squirrel fan. The fan appears to be held on with two allen bolts, the kind that has no head and sinks down into the fitting, nothing exposed. The two allen fasteners must lock the fan into the shaft, and i need to detach the fan to pull the motor out. I _cannot_ get those two allen fasteners loose, after liberal use of PBBlaster, some heat and cool cycles with a MAPP torch, and plenty of leverage. I can't get at the fasteners head on, so I can't use a screw-out (I even tried a right-angle adapter for my drill, but there's not enough clearance, and a flexible driver shaft gets torqued into a pretzel before budging the fastener). I just can't believe how tightly these things would have to be attached. Is there such a thing as a keyed locking allen, like a safety torx? ANY idea will be welcome, the next step is to get a very long sawzall blade and try to cut the driveshaft, which will of course require an all new motor or at least a good rebuild.
So, if you know fasteners, or electric motors, or fancy kitchen appliances, I'm at your mercy.

Phew, thanks all for reading! Have a great day!
Best,
Joel

--
Joel Furtek <http://homepage.mac.com/heelsroll>; jf7e@domain.elided
Rigger, Virginia Women's Rowing 434/981-6811 (cell); 434/975-CREW (boathouse)