Re: J**p Dana 300 Into Scout

At 10:28 PM 8/16/03, jwgeorge wrote:
>Allright,
>I have tired of trying to use the "power" of the internet and decided to
>do what I should have done in the first place, ask the Professionals.
>OK Professionals, Will an 80's model Dana 300 transfer case bolt up to a
>Scout T-19 trans?
>I guess the limiting factors are: bolt pattern, input shaft length and
>output locations.

Short answer: NO !!

Longer answer: with a Scout T-19 and a Jeep style Dana 300 : H*ll NO !!

Still longer answer: with a Scout 727 and a Jeep style D-300 : Yes, if you
use the correct mainshaft from a different 727 and the correct tailshaft
housing  from a particular Jeep 4x4 904 tranny AND the correct tailshaft
bearing (different from the Jeep one) in said tailshaft housing.

Greg