RE: Moving to CA (beware, i ramble here)

## >> > we have two children, they were 4 and 5 when we bailed on CA.
## >>
## >> Better bail back, Mac. You can run for governor.
## >>
## >> John Hofstetter

i tell you what, don't tempt me.  anything's better than being in Texas.
even being governor of CA.  or ex-governor in prison for fraud in CA.  or
deadbeat dad in jail for not paying child-support in CA.  or dead and buried
in CA.  at least it's not Texas.  you can bet that the second our
sentence--err, i mean tour of duty--runs out with the Army, i'm packing up
my crap and turning tail back to CA.  the *ONLY* saving graces for Texas are
the Digesters and other Binderfolk who live here.

hrmmm...  i seem to have wandered off-topic there for a moment.  did i
mention that the worst in CA is better than the best in Texas?  that's
probably just my bitter and cynical attitude talking, thanks to continued
exposure to indigenous Fort Bliss personnel (soldiers and their families),
though.  maybe.

so what's it take to be governor of CA anyway?  do you have to be some kind
of celebrity or something?  it seems to be some kind of trend in CA that to
be successful in politics there, you have to have some kind of reknown.
Sonny Bono, Alan Autry, Clint Eastwood, Arnie...  if that's the case, i'm
SOL.  oh wait...  i'm SOL anyway.  nevermind.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi