Re: Glessie's carburettor

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:07:54 -0700
From: "Bill Fowler" <bill_fowler@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Thought on Holley 2300

Hi Guys!

Being the proud owner of a 69' Travelall with a 304 this ebay item caught my
eye.  I know I have a Holley carb, but not sure of the model #.  The ebay
carb looks slightly different? Jim? Should I be thinking about bidding on
this item to have for future replacement???  Or should I just plan on
rebuilding the one i've got when and if the time comes?

Bill Fowler
69' 1100 4x4 Travelall "Glessie"
Bill, your carb is, in fact, a Holley 2300. I think it's got *tons* of like in it yet, and when the time comes a Holley(insist on the best) Re-New kit should do you just fine. In the unlikely event that the throttle shaft ever gets really sloppy in the base plate, we can steal a whole baseplate off one of the dozen or so spares I have here.

Then again, as one who has bought parts I didn't need(sometimes for trucks I didn't have), who am I to talk?

Here's a recent example. There was a lot of NOS IH suspension parts listed on ebay. No part #'s on any of the stuff. A couple of the tie rod ends looked like IFS inners, so I was the only bidder for something like $20. I was right on the inner TRE's, which are obsolete, and also got a few outers(which are not obsolete, but *are* about $25 apiece). The balance of the lot was a complete Scout 80 tie rod, end to end, NOS. Ever priced one? Thing is, I didn't *have* a Scout 80....until last Thursday ;) Guess what? It needs a tie rod!

Jim