Re: Stripped knuckle threads/ I'm Baaak

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim or Ginger Aos" <jaos@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 14:57
Subject: Stripped knuckle threads/ I'm Baaak

> I havn't tested them to level that some of you rock crawlers, and stump
> jumpers have, but in my own way, they do get some pressure.
>
> The reason I stripped the theads, was:  After rotating the knuckle for my
10
> degree caster, I needed to add camber shims.  And that caused the original
> bolts to be too short on the bottom.  And my "Norwegian torque wrench" was
> bit too much.
>
> Norwegian Torque Wrench:  1/2" flex bar, add pipe as needed,  den you yump
> on de end till it skveeks.  Ya shuure yu betchaa  :-)

Ah, so that's the appropriate definition for the way I had to get the lug
nuts off of my dad's truck once when a shope put them on too tight... had
about 4' worth of leverage by the end and was jumping up and down on it...

> More off topic:  For those that wonder how my last name is pronounced.
Say
> the word close, as in near then try the same word without pronouncing the
> first two letters (cl).  Cheers Jim
>
> Jim Aos
> jaos@domain.elided
> Okanogan, WA
<snip>

Would that be close as in "that was close to being right" or close as in
"would you please close the door?"  Not trying to be nitpicky, just trying
to get it right... :)

-Ryan