Skip's trailer plugging away

At 06:15 PM 8/4/03 +0000, you wrote:
Also, what is the best way to wire the 7-way plug receptacle I just bought
for trailer lights?  Is it OK to just splice into the wires (blinkers,
brakes, etc) and run off them?  Will the load be too much when I plug in a
trailer?  Or, is there a better way, with relays or something like that?
Yes, relays are a much better way.

Nobody does it tho'. Not even those of us who talk about it ;)

Just do a workmanlike job of the wiring and follow the convention for wiring the plug please. I have to re-do the plug on a friend's horse trailer every time we borrow it 'cause some 'professional' hitch installer decided that the center terminal on a 6-way was for the trailer brakes(should be trailer acc. power). Guess I better re-wire her truck one of these decades....

Avoid the scab-on connectors like the plague!

Kudos for running 7-way, they're a more durable long term design than 6-way.

Jim