From: Ryan Moore [mailto:baradium@domain.elided]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 7:11 AM
To: Ryan Goldade; ihc@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Thought on Holley 2300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Goldade" <jettisoned@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 04:34
Subject: Thought on Holley 2300

> Hello all....
> This is the first time that I've posted to the digest in about 6 years
but
> still receive them all and read every single one so I'm only coming
out of
> the
> lurk.
> I've been having problems with the 2245 2-barrel on my '76 Scout 304
for
the
> past 2-3 months and I reconditioned the accel pump so many times that
just
> wanted out of the carb with no more problems. I had a 2210 factory
rebuild
> around for several years and after mounting it I had problems with it
as
> well.
> I took the 2245 in to a local shop in Portland for a rebuild and they
told
me
> it was a piece of garbage carb to begin with and not to waste my money
> rebuilding it. The carb guy told me that IH used the 2300 for a couple
years
> and that it would mount right up and was a far better carb. I posted
the
> bulletin looking for info but I thought I'd try here as well. I've
never
seen
> the 2300 outside of Ford applications and I'm wondering if it's a good
option
> for my specific use. Is it a true "bolt-on" option. I have a 4 speed
tranny
> so
> linkage isn't an issue but I'm still a little curious about the choke
side
> linkage? I ordered a 2300 from the local parts shop today and it looks
like
> there is a manual choke? Is there an electric conversion available or
do I
> have to start drilling holes for a manual cable?
> Thanks for all the info and years of reading.
> Ryan Goldade
> Portland OR
> jettisoned@domain.elided

To bolt it on, I've been told you need one with a side hung float bowl.
The
front hung bowl would interfere with the waterneck.

I've also believe that there are 3 types of choke.   Manual, electric
automatic, and bimetal automatic.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you?

I'm also contemplating a 2300 swap... my current carb is having some
issues
and I've also been told it'd be better to just swap to a 2300 instead of
getting the current one rebuilt.  But I have an auto so there are some
more
linkage issues (any suggestions on that from anyone?).  I'm following
along
with your conversion with great interest....

-Ryan