back...

I'm back from my foray into GA...

Tom:  I had trouble getting service in AL.  Only times I were able to get to
where I had some it was either really early or late and I didn't want to
wake you up...

I had good news and bad news for mac.

We know now for sure that his beloved ACF sitting in the junkyard there
runs.  Down side is that it's because someone is about to take it away.

On the upside, the yard owner happened to know of a guy who is an original
owner of very similiar trucks... just with four headlights (BCF, I think
about gave mac a heart attack with that one!).   He bought them brand new
from IH for a concrete company, now they have flatbeds and are both stored
in a barn.  Better yet, one definately runs, and runs very well with only
40k original miles.  Havn't been able to talk to that guy yet, he wasn't
home when I tried calling.  On my next foray into GA I might try to sneak I
peek at them, I almost got there, but missed the turn and after coming back
to the junkyard didn't feel like taking that drive again that day.

The f@rd 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel's owner wasn't home so I don't have any new
developements on that.

The travelall left a bit to be desired as a tow vehicle.  My scout was
sitting in the street, he drove up after I was there, and then asked me if I
had an International... he got this lost look when I told him it was
outside.  It came with his house so he seemed to be doing good to know how
to open the doors.  He thought it *might* have been missing on some
cylinders, but he didn't know...  he does have the original service manual
to go with the truck... which is parked in this really really tiny back yard
in a lot of mud...

The former ACF junkyard has a 1110 2wd long bed pickup now, looks to be a
304/3spd truck.  $300 takes that, I know the engine is not locked up and the
body is actually pretty good condition (cab and fenders really good, bed
pretty good).  It ran when last driven 3 years ago.  Might have to look into
that one eventually, unless anyone else wants a shot at it.

My marine buddy says that he's been told that with his military ID he can
buy a running HMMWV plus a parts truck for $3000 on his base.  That piece of
information sounds really interesting and we are investigating that one
further...

Oh, and I'm about a week behind on digests and hopefully my hotmail account
didn't top out too soon to where I'm booted from the digest...

-Ryan