Re: Trailer Remedy from JoelB

At 4:29 PM -0700 6/28/03, John Hofstetter wrote:
On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 04:54  AM, Joel Furtek wrote:
Well, if one means to buy a solution:
<http://www.draw-tite.com/products/products/tools_scales_scale.shtml>
Hey, Joel F. I bet that little dandy is cheap. I like the looks of it, though.
John Hofstetter
John H, they run $119 at Camping World. Pricey, to be sure, but so are many of the things that make life easier! I've never used one; fortunately, funding for women's rowing has come a long way, and I'm now almost always towing with more than enough truck. With a nearly new F350 and a trailer that only grosses 8000 on a full trip, it would be tough to really put too much weight on the tongue. The fact that our boats are 60' long makes it hard to put to much weight in any one place, anyway. :-)
We do use the load-leveling bars, and in marginal or adequate situations they help a great deal. I've only ever met one fellow coach who doesn't use them, but she was from Dook, so, what can you do.
My single biggest desire when towing, particularly when towing our long trailers, is wheelbase. Wheelbase. It's gotten to where I think of my crew cab short bed travelette as short wheelbase. ;-)
Best to all,
Joel F

--
Joel Furtek