Re: Trailer scare

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 07:04  PM, Joel Furtek wrote:

Joel,
I'd wager not enough tongue weight.  Tail wags the dog.
I've towed a 40-foot, 7000#  trailer with an F-350 dually, and as
little as 300# put ten feet aft of the trailer axles would change the
handling in a big way.  On your shorter trailer, it would take more
weight, but I'd rather have too much than too little tongue weight any
day.
Best of luck and safe travels!
Joel

Thats the other likely possibility, but the procedure I just
prescribed deals with either cause.

John