A/C Compressor Brace?

> snip
I'm in the middle of installing an Arizona Mobile Air A/C kit in my Scout and
don't really like their mounting bracketry.  My Scout had factory a/c (quit
working on the way to Nationals 3 years ago if anyone remembers).  I'm
thinking I'd like to keep the stock bracketry, but I don't have the brace
(that I think I remember should be there).  If I could see a picture, I could
decide whether to try and track one down...
> snip

You can retain the factory A/C bracketry on your IH and use the modern rotary
compressor.  All you have to do is ask for the "YORK to Sanden/Sankyo adapter
bracket".

I do this on all the Diesel Scout A/C retrofits that I do, which to date have
numbered 4.  The adapter bracket bolts down in place of the YORK compressor,
and then the Sanden unit bolts to the bracket.  Adjustment is a bit on the
tricky side, but not impossible(like the YORK is any picnic), and the factory
adjuster will still work, as the tab is present on the adapter plate.

I find that the AMA stuff is very good quality for the most part, and far
better for the money than many kits that cost 3 times as much, and still
require that you custom fab all your brackets.

The YORK to Sanden adapter plate wasn't much as I recall, seems like it was
$35.00.

AMA has this unit, and most of the time it is in stock.

Keep on Binderin',

John Donnelly