Reflecto-shield

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:57:24 -0700
From: "Allan Ericson" <lowvolt@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Mac's Starter

When you take the starter off,
painting that heat shield with something reflective is a good idea, too. I'm
hopeful that one of the brighter members of the board can suggest something.
I was thinking of powdercoating mine, but I'm not sure if the powdercoating
would hold up to the heat of the exhaust pipe. On the other hand, I'm sure
that the starter "won't."
Bright? Not :)

Plasti-cote high heat silver. Almost a year on the exhaust pipe of my Farmall Cub and it's still shiny. Wire brush and a quick wash with brake parts cleaner was the only prep.

Jim