Re: The way things used to be....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>
To: "ihc-digest" <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 9:01 PM
Subject: The way things used to be....

>  I hope I'm not that bad now!
>
> -Ryan

Ryan-

Don't be silly. Right or wrong, you keep trying to learn, to test your
theories, get feedback on your perceptions.  In a couple of years, you will
have another "whole different perspective" about things. Go back and look
again in another two years.

It's okay to be wrong as long as you can admit it to yourself. No fear, no
shame. Just new information, reset the hypotheses, try a little harder.

It's okay to want to be involved, to test theories, to suggest ideas of
which you are not sure (or even when you are sure) in order to get feedback.
I guarantee you, I wish I'd had the chance to do the same thing with a crowd
like this when I was young. Being mentored by the likes of the folks on this
board would have made me a better person, of that I have no doubt. I'm not
embarrassed to say that, because it's true.

Besides, you helped chase away a whole lot of intolerant folks. We were just
using you. <grin>

-Allan