Re: Allan, 5 speeds do fit in Scout 2s .......

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Fleck" <john@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 00:19
Subject: Allan, 5 speeds do fit in Scout 2s .......

> Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 16:07:11 -0700
> From: "Allan Ericson" <lowvolt@domain.elided>
> The 5 speed won't fit in a scout without a whole lot of surgery.
>
> Allan,
> I am searching for one now to do the same conversion Jeff Ismail has done.
> He has a Traveler with the OD 5 speed in it. A  2" body lift and a spring
> over is all it took to fit it under the tranny hump. He is using a
divorced
> mounted NP-205 and running 35" tires.
>
> I want the same thing if i dont go diesel.
>
> John

Robert Searles (the guy who's sad story I posted about with the rolled
travelall and scout) has an IH 5spd in his scout.  His is a 100" wb.  He
uses a mated NP-205.  The mated NP205 actually centers his driveline up
quite nicely.  I don't *think* he has any body lift, not sure about that,
but he is SOA (but that has  nothing to do with fitting the transmission
under the tranny hump).

He enlarged his wheel wells and he runs 40" tires.

He also runs high pinion axles out of a ford, used  a ford NP205 to get the
driver's side drop.  He has better u-joint angles than I do I think.

-Ryan