Michael ...CaliforniaDreamin'

Michael,
I enjoyed your SF article.  I too am into Scouts and vegetarian
(mostly ...I have a weak spot for seafood).  I used to buy time at
the UC Davis cyclotron.  I would fly into SF and usually plan a
convoluted drive to Davis.  My favorite drive was to go west on 92
from the airport (Burlingame) to Half Moon Bay.  There is a
vegetable stand near to the coast that has the best artichokes
...one of my loves and hard to get (good quality) in Indiana.  I used
to carry a caseload of these babies on my flights home.  So many
cool memories of your area ...the Marin tunnel rainbow (really by
Grateful Dead?), Muir Woods, Marin County Route 1, Pacifica,
Altamont windmills, Napa and Sonoma County wine tasting, cherry
juice stands, Lake Berryessa at very low water, Redwood forests,
Alice's reataurant, Neil Young, UC Santa Cruz....
Oh ...and the free flowing spring water at the pass on 92 near
Crystal Springs Reservoir.  Thanks for the memories ...mark