Axle Truss

I made some inquiries on what's been holding Terry Keuhl's Tuff Truck
racer "Lil'Foot"'s front axle together (he munched a few at first)

Seems just a simple piece of 3/4" round steel was welded to the yoke
(fixed end of the knuckle area) on one side of the axle, and then heated
with a torch (I was told a Propane torch would take a while but work),
bent over the diff housing by hand, and then welded to the opposite
yoke.  A brace or two was used on the "long-side" to tie the rod to the
axle tube.

If it's held up to Pro Arena, I guess that's good 'nuff for me.

I might still opt for the flat stock.. 2" wide by.. 1/4" so it's easier
to work with.

Time to get a new bottle of MAPP gas...

-Tom