Farmer in the City!!!

Well, I just love that subject line-Dennis Millward was clueing me into
a joke about just such a sorry soul!

Anyway, just wanted to tell everyone that Ken Farmer and I went out for
a nice little jaunt around the city (San Francisco) last night.  Had a
pretty nice time, though things did not go quite as planned!

Those of you that know me know that I tend to fly by the seat of my
pants-lucky my pants are fairly large!  So we were getting together and
Ken mentioned that he is vegetarian.  Well, so am I, and as two people
that drive multiple IH's, perhaps the least ecological, tree-hugging,
veggie-head style vehicles ever, I found this quite amusing.  So I
decided we would go to one of SF's finer veggie restaurants.  Well,
u0pon getting there, there was about a hour-and-a-half wait.  Not for
me, bud!  They used to not take reservations for parties of two-only
parties of four or more, so you could always get a table for two within
about twenty minutes, anyway, we left, went back to the restaurant right
across the street from ken's hotel, and had a meal.  I knew the
bartender, and we ended up with way too much food and an extra beer
forced down the gullet!  Then we went to see a very talented young lady
I know sing-but I had my times wrong and we got there about a half-hour
after closing!  So she came and joined us for a drink at a Mexican
restaurant/tequila house (over 100 tequilas available, I think), and Ken
tried them all!!!  Sorry, not really!  So anyway, nothing went quite as
planned, but we had a great time talking IH, and I enjoyed meeting yet
another terrific person because of the IH connection.

And I cannot wait to meet the famous "Juniper," his wife!  She sounds
like a great lady and he seems very happy, and thus lucky, to be with
her.  He did not even seemed tempted by the countless transvestite
hookers that are on about every street corner in SF!!!

So FYI, if you come to San Fran, please call me and I will get out to
see you, but don't expect things to go terribly smoothly-my plans will
fall through, but I know a LOT of bartenders and musicians-which usually
bodes well for an entertaining evening!

Thanks, Ken!  I had a lot of fun!

Michael