Stuck cup

Michael,
The only thing I can suggest is some heat. Heat it pretty hot and then
slam the cylinder down on a block of wood and see if you can knock the
cup loose by inertia.

Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, you have nothing to lose, but the
heat wont' hurt the cylinder anyway since it is cast iron. Besides
loosening scale and stuff, the heat may expand the cast iron more than
the cup and allow it to be knocked loose.

John H.