Re: RockerPanelFix

Mark, I think the key, as you point out, is to keep voids that trap
moisture and promote corrosion should be key in replacing the rockers, I'm
not familiar with sII panels specifically but I have seen some nice
solutions done on Jeepster Commandos which are prone to rocker panel rot
too, that simply involve replacing the rocker with some heavy steel tubing.
the commando has a rectangular looking rocker panel 3-4" high and I think
that the replacement nerf panels use appropriate rectangular, heavy wall
tubing on edge not attached to the floor pan directly. Some sort of
stiffner would be needed to support the floor across the door opening i
would imagine ( 1" x 2=3" angle iron?). I guess the solution would depend
alot on if the steel doors are being reused, if carpet goes back in etc.