RE: POR's Metal Ready

Scot wrote:

> Farmer wrote:
>
> > Do you think a solvent would be the best first step to address oils &
> > greases?
> >
> > Then follow with rinse, phosphoric acid, rinse again?
>
> How about good old MEK?

I've used MEK in the past - and out here (Colorado) it dries *so fast* that
it doesn't achieve that much.  Also, it's so flammable & poisonous that I
dislike using it.

Instead of MEK, in the past I've used some products that
use...er...um...heck.  Can't remember.  It took a while to find a supplier
around here, but I finally found some paint places that carry it.  Anyhow,
it's similar to MEK, but is gel-based, less flammable, less poisonous, and
you can let it sit and work on something for a few minutes.  It's a little
less effective than MEK for simple wipe-downs, but *much* more effective for
anything stubborn.

ken f.