Re: 180 Out

Daniel Nees wrote:

> Michael,
>    Have you pulled the plugs out to confirm that they are not fowled up?
>    If the distributer is 180 deg out you will get MASSIVE backfire. You
> will know the difference.
>    Let's assume it is in right, clean off the plugs, maybe try some new
> plug wires, new cap and rotor then try it again.
>
> _____Dan Nees_____
> cookiedan@domain.elided
>
> 3 Scouts, 2 parts Scouts, starting to get lots of parts.
>
> http://members.tripod.com/~IHCaholic/scoutindex.html
>
> http://www.triplediamond.org

Dan, et al:

Sorry, I forgot to write all of that stuff-though it was right in my
head to write it.  Last night I changed all of those vitals.  Dist Cap,
rotor, points, plugs, plug wires, etc.  I don't know that I ever got a
good figure for the gap on this year, but once again, would it fire at
all with starter fluid if not with gasoline?  The gas was recently
purchased and has been used to fill up my other truck and worked fine
also!

Thanks!

Michael