Snaps

> From: Curt Cleavinger
> Subject: Soft tops - snaps
>
> Greetings Binders!
>
> Anyone know a source for quality snaps (stainless
> steel would be nice) to
> fit a Kayline softtop?

I get mine from a local body shop, are you looking for the male or
female half?

>  Any
> installation tips for finding the right position for
> the snaps to get
> the correct tension on the fabric?

My top (new) came with a pre-drilled "rail" that mounts on top of the
tub, the snaps (male part) screw into the rail. If you are planning on
fabricating your own snap rail I could send you the measurements or you
could call Kayline and see what they would sell them for. Is this a used
top?

BTW if you want quality snaps do not get them from the company that Kay
line gets them from. I have replaced 99% of the female half's in the 3
years of owning the SSII top. I use quality brass snaps that I set
myself, none of these have failed!
Otherwise I am happy with the quality of Kaylines work.

Willy
Let me know if I can help. All the info and snaps are at work and I am
at home.