RE: 800 - 800A - 800B

The first thing I would do is check out the Binder Bulletin -- there's a
nice description of each there so you can tell which is which without having
to get under it.

But the easiest thing to do is look at the grill
800: gold IH in the center of the grill
800A: IH on front of hood and INTERNATIONAL on drivers side of grill
800B: IH and INTERNATIONAL on grill

Second best...

Look at the dashboard it says INTERNATIONAL SCOUT 800/800A/800B

There are other differences you'll note on the bulletin