Re: Probable causes of my 727 failure

Message text written by Tom Mandera
>I did rotate the TC and felt it "engage" something, but I don't know if
it was "one" or "two" grabs I felt.  When I bolted things together it
"popped" at one point, and when it came time to spin the TC, I had to
tap it around with a punch - it did not spin freely, which is what it
sounds like it should've done.  Right?

I should've been able to spin the TC by hand on the input shaft with the
motor bolted up.  If that's the case, then I'm reasonably sure I chewed
up the pump. <

Tom,

  Sounds exactly like what my tranny rebuild guy warned me about after I
talked him into letting me do the installation myself.  What happened must
be fairly common, cause in the course of no more than 15 minutes he warned
me at least a dozen times.  "two distinct engagment clicks before it's
seated correctly !"

Doug