Trapped by Grandchildren, Dinner with Digesters, No Avail, Binder Books, etc.

Digesters, John L. and Dan N. in particular,
Gee, guys talk about an exercise in futility. I've been accessing my
mail by web mail at my ISP over my son's computer in Sacramento. I've
been newsy, witty, charming, insulting, brilliant, intelligent,
smirkful, and much much more. All this despite an interface that was
incredibly unfriendly to use. As I sent these out, I would get a
message that my reply had been successfully transmitted, but none of
it ever reached its destinations. Crap!

The only good part of this was that you guys noticed that I was gone.
Thank you!

I had a wonderful time Sunday, a week ago, visiting with the
Stegmanns, Tom and Elza, and a wonderful surprise guest, Michael Shaw.
I told the digest all about this, apparently all to no avail.

I teased John L. on the digest about his adherence to stock parts from
now on, by reporting to him that I had had my horsepower gain measured
scientifically after putting in my MSD and Unilite, and I had achieved
a sparkling .00235% increase in horsepower so I felt that if power
gain was the reason for his deserting his 345 and going to the 392,
that I could easily justify my $700 expense on the same basis. ALL TO
NO AVAIL!

I offered some digesters advice that sounded good, valid or not, all
to no avail!

I sympathized with Tom M. over all his travails, but secretly was very
glad that I was past that stage of trying to kill myself with fatigue
to prove my manhood, or whatever it is that we're (should be past
tense in my case) trying to prove.

Oh well, what the heck. So I'm home for two days after babysitting my
two grandsons for a week in Sacramento, and I'll be home again on the
21st.

By the way, in Sacramento, I visited the home of my son's friend
Frank, who was with him in Tulare, and he has just purchased a
wonderful little Farmall Cub that has been sitting out in a field for
20 years or so without a top on its exhaust stack. The engine looks to
me, though, as if it is going to be eminently salvageable. It's going
to be a great little showpiece. The only thing I didn't like about
that whole experience was the the Farmall is sitting in Frank's
spotlessly clean shop on clean cardboard fastened to the clean cement
floor with clean duct tape. Arrgh, how can anyone work under those
conditions.

Frank had a very good experience with Binder Books. The manuals and
operating manuals from BB are very well reproduced, and the service
from BB was just excellent. It's nice to be able to recommend good
people Scott. (I'm probably talking about your wife, but ....)

Thanks again for your concern, those of who had some concern, and
don't worry about me until we get back from our trip to the ocean.
Don't worry about that trip either, as I won't take the Scout to the
coast, 'cause, well you guys know why.

With affection,
John H.