RE: 'options', T-all lifts

Jim wrote:

> My '70 1210 T-all sits very close to stock height AFAIK(slightly sagged
> stock springs with some extra leaves bringing it back up) and runs
> 265/75-16's, essentially 31's. I do not see enough room in back for a 32",
> much less a 33", if any real off road action is in the plan.

Hmmm, my '74 100 has the following space:
  front: 7" between the top of u-bolt plate (above 6 leaves) and the bottom
of the frame
  rear:  10.5" between the top of the axle housing and the bottom of the
frame

It *looks* like enough space to allow 33s.  The 31s I have in there (29"
tall with weight on them) appear to have plenty of space - especially once I
get that anti-sway bar set up!  Of course, I did hear some bad noises today
on a trail when it was flexing.  But, so far no tears in the tire.

> The 'wheel house' and fender lip are just too close for comfort at 'full
stuff'.

Of course, the rust has eliminated the clear edges of my wheel wells...maybe
that's why I've got the space!

Thanks,

Ken Farmer
pharmer@domain.elided