RE: Spindle flange nut size?

I know its not the "right" tool but I have used a spindle socket for a 3/4
ton GMC.  It has 6 prongs that will engage the 6 corners of the nut and
allow you to apply the required 125 to 150 lbs.-ft of torque.  I happened to
have one laying around when I needed it and it worked suprisingly well.
Well enough that I wont bother to buy the "right socket".

Nick Leiterman
Kent, WA
iarenick@domain.elided