Re: Electric Fans?

Chris:

Cover that thermal bulb with an insulator and put metal in front so it
won't get air current

<<<<---------- insulator - bulb - radiator core -  metal foil
------------------------<<<<< air flow

Then it will only respond to the coolant temp.

My Hayden had a bulb that you put inside the top radiator hose and a brass
sender line exits between the hose and top rad fitting and the clamp is
over that.  This has worked well.

Tom H.

The only thing I don't really like about it is the themal switch it
uses.  It is a brass bulb pressed up against the radiator core.  It
tends to be too sensitive to how the air currents are moving around
under the hood, which means its temperature changes when you are
relatively still vs on the highway, etc.  Not too big of a deal, and
probably has a lot to do w/ my airflow being pretty messed up due to
sawzall work required to get the engine in there.

Hope this helps,

-Chris
'67 800