Yank's starter problem

To me, if you had an occasional wiring short it would blow fuses, and
turning the key a couple of times certainly wouldn't cause the short to go
away.  Instead it seems like the starter IS getting the current but isn't
turning over.

Since you've replaced said starter (and solenoid?), then I think you have a
mechanical binding problem.   Maybe you need a starter shim?  What's the
history of this truck?  Could a DPO have left it out?

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA