Hot start problems

IHers,
My '80 Scout is running pretty well but I still have the problem of starting when its hot.  It starts right up when its cold, a little choke and it fires right up.  But When its hot, it will turn over fine, but I have to hold my foot to the floor for it to start.  I thought it was running too rich, so I changed the jet size.  It still acts the same.  Its kind of a PITA when I stop to get gas and I have such a hard time starting it up.  Once I get it going its ok again.  Some black smoke usually billows out, but not a lot.
Any thoughts?
TIA
---
Layda,