Re: ihc-digest V6 #876

At 4:16 PM -0400 6/3/99, Al Evitts wrote:
>Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 13:22:27 -0700
>From: Al Evitts <albert@domain.elided>
>Subject: Tank  Sending unit
>
>Digesters:  What is the compatability of the Sending unit in the gas
>tank and a VDO Fuel guage, if anyone knows.  Also My fuel guage goes
>immediately to full at the turn on of the switch and stays there.  Don't
>that indicate a faulty ground at the sending unit.  Both wires at the
>tank are accessible now, is there any way to check these wires ,if so
>how?  TIA
>
>Al

nope you cant use it. I belive the  VDO gauge  is 0-220 Ohms. and in
the wrong direction. what you need is a Ford  compatible gauge it
needs to go from 8 to
10 Ohms full to about  80 Ohms empty. .. if you want that VDO gauge,
change the sender on the tank..

Vinnie Moscaritolo
http://www.vmeng.com/vinnie/
PGP: 3F903472C3AF622D5D918D9BD8B100090B3EF042

Those who hammer their swords into plows,
will plow for those who don't."