RE: Tire size

Michael,

I'm running BFG AT 235s on my '75 Travelall 150 2WD right now.  I think this
vehicle is pretty comparable to yours.  These tires fit fine - and should be
considered 29" dia.
245mm should be comparable to 30", and 255mm to 31", given that 10mm = 1
inch.  BTW, the 235s really fill the wells on my '75!  But, I think that it
has sagged over the years, and needs some spring spacers or a block.  My
front coils have blocks in them to lift them higher.  But still, it's almost
a low-rider! Of course, real low-riders don't have the freeway glide-ride of
this beast! ;-)

I've seen some really good information on a number of tire web sites.  The
best one was discount tire's site, if I remember correctly.  They'll explain
the rating system with diagrams, which is better than we can do.

Note - there's quite a bit of variability in actual tire sizes.  So, perhaps
those 32"s that you have are actually 30" diameter, and the 31"s you have
are 30", and the next 31"s you buy are actually 31"!  You could then get
rubbing.  FWIW.

ken farmer
pharmer@domain.elided