Re: Yes, I'm BACK!!!

At a recent NATO press briefing, MikeIIDC@domain.elided was heard threatening
Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic...

>So is my * starter going bad or what?

I think it's *gone* bad Mike! <grin>

>I have never had one completely fail all at once.

Yes.

>Is this possible?

Yes.

>Is it possible that the selenoid is bad and not throwing
>the gear far enough forward to click into place?  Keep in mind that I
>replaced the selenoid twice when I first got it to get make sure that
>that was not the root of my "nothing at all" problem.

It very well *could* be the solenoid, but the best thing to do is remove the
starter, take it apart and see.  I'm betting something might have broken
inside the starter itself... like one of the ears off the shifting fork.  You
can either buy the parts to rebuild it yourself (after you figure out what's
wrong through a visual examination) or you can just swap it for a rebuilt.

Good luck,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |"I don't care if you think it's your right.
Conservative Libertarian        | I say: Sorry, it's 1999. We have had
Life Member of the NRA          | enough as a nation. You are not allowed
WA Arms Collectors              | to own a gun, and if you do own a gun
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | I think you should go to prison.
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |        -- Talk-show host Rosie O'Donnell