He is SUCCESSFUL! TRIUMPHANT! VICTORIOUS!!

I won, I won, I won!!!! No not the lottery.
   I finally got my truck to run right. After
replacing all the ignition components, rebuilding the
carb three times, etc... I took the carb off again
last night and cleaned it out one last time before
admitting defeat and buying a new one.
   Well I went through it for three hours, blowing out
every possible orifice with my bicycle pump ( I tried
the compressor last time).
  This morning I went out and bolted it back on the
truck, fired her up, and listened with glee as the
idle smoothed out...as some would say, I could now
balance a quarter on the manifold.
  I adjusted the idle mixture screws, idle, fast idle,
and now my vacuum gauge reads a very steady 19!
Throttle response is awesome....ok I'll shut up now, I
just had to tell someone who would appreciate it.
Thanks for all the help (John L., Greg, Randy, Jess),
Russ