Re: #843 Oil Pump Rebuild

The aliens commander decided Twmart@domain.elided would make a perfect specimen
for dissection, and he yelled...

>What size drill do you need to turn the oil pump priming tool???

Tom,

It depends on the way the tool is made of course.  The one I made is
designed for a 3/8" or large drill chuck, but there's no reason it couldn't
have been made for a 1/4" drill chuck.

Tell you what... I'll make a standing offer to IHC Digest members...

For those of you that are tool junkies and want a quality dedicated oil
pump priming tool for you own use, I'd be happy to machine one for you...
*if* you'll pay for the cost of materials and shipping.  I could use the
practice on my lathe anyway.  They are pretty simple and don't take long to
make.  I'm guessing the materials should not exceed $5.00 (for the steel
drill rod and the wear and tear on my lathe tool bits and end mills).
Shipping shouldn't exceed $5.00 by the US postal service.  So let's call it
$10.00 even.

If you're interested in placing an "order", just send me a private e-mail
with what size drill chuck you want it to fit, what name you want stamped
on it and your shipping address and I'll confirm back to you.

But let me state that you *do not* need such a fancy tool and can easily
make one yourself by cutting the handle off an old large flat bladed screw
driver, etc.  It won't be a nice as the dedicated tool I made, but you'll
probably only use it once or twice in your life (unless you're like Tom M.
or Mike in CA and you can't keep from ruining engines) so it doesn't *need*
to be fancy.

So the offer stands if anyone just has to have one in their tool box.

Best regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |"I don't care if you think it's your right.
Conservative Libertarian        | I say: Sorry, it's 1999. We have had
Life Member of the NRA          | enough as a nation. You are not allowed
WA Arms Collectors              | to own a gun, and if you do own a gun
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | I think you should go to prison.
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |        -- Talk-show host Rosie O'Donnell