Welded my exhaust fittings and lived to tell about it

Good news, binders. I bit the bullet and welded the exhaust fittings and
didn't blow myself to smithereens. Actually it was a bit disappointing - not
even a puff of smoke or engine fire. It was kind of funny at first, I had a
carhartts coat on backwards, thick welding gloves, and was ducking behind
the fender while I struck the first arcs. Once I found it wasn't going to
erupt I went ahead and filled them in. I was going to weld a nut on, but it
was too tight to get both hands in there.
Thanks to Howard and John H for the tips beforehand.  Don't worry, had I
blown my head off I wouldn't have told anybody that you had anythign to do
with it!

John Staub
'79 Scout II