Re: New Holland buying J.I. Case

<< Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 22:03:43 -0400
 From: David Nuenke <dnuenke@domain.elided>
 Subject: New Holland buying J.I. Case

 I read in the busisness section of today's paper that New Holland is
 buying out J.I. Case to better compete with Deere and Co. Sounds a
 little bit like 1984, as I know that Case has no had much luck making
 money lately. One item of interest to us though is that this could
 present a perpect opertunity for Navistar to reaquire the IH logo and
 International Harvester name. I know that the Navistar name as a brand
 is being phased out rather quickly. I guess we just sit back and see
 what happens. (I would enjoy seeing that new 1 ton pickup wearing the
 traditional IH badge though)

 David Nuenke
 3 days until I pick up my Scout!

Navistar still has copyright on the IH logos. (was joint copyright use with
JI Case -) SLL is licensed use to the IH and Triple Diamond logos through
Navistar. Navistar Name is not being phase out at all -rather they are
pushing the "INTERNATIONAL" name Plate along with the slogan "DELIVERING
BEYOND THE EXPECTED" in special marketing program. I still believe from heavy
rumors and such that the "BEYOND THE EXPECTED" will be a 1 Ton of some kind
to compete with the newly formed market that FORD has entered with the 450,
550, & 650 models.  Navistar is working on a small CityDelivery Cabover also.
(New 6cyl "Son of Powerstroke") Diesel could fit here very nicely.

John Glancy
SSS,SLL, & NATS99