Scout work party part II

  Well, Ed and I's little Scout weekend just got really complicated.
What was originally going to be a nice easy lift install, roll bar drop
in and a few misceillenious things has become a timing chain
replacement. Ed has a 74 I6 258 Scout II and he is in Harrisburg right
now getting towed to my house. I called my NAPA and they have the parts,
but; I haven't done a timing chain on a AMC I6 in 5 years.
   What should I look out for?
   In a scout should we pull the radiator out to have room to work?
   I need to bring the cam and crank gears around so the dots match
before dismantling, or do I do that when I'm putting it back together?
   I'm going to get my books out and look, but; I want to verify what I
read.
   Stupid chain drive timing! I like my gears, even if some of us on
this digest can shear them off. <grin>

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

Good, getting a new heart.
Bad, growing UP.
Ugly, about to under go complete reconstructive surgery.

http://www.triplediamond.org