Re: folding windshields

Message text written by "Tom Harais"
>My   understanding is you can mount an 80 windshield frame on an 800 and
get a folding windshield on your 800. One of the Digest "techs" can confirm
or quell this "urban legend" before it gets out of hand.<

Tom,

  I wish it was that simple.  AFAIK, the windshield sheet metal on the
80/800's doesn't come off easily like on the Scout II's.

  I've lusted for a folding windshield since the day I bought my 800.  And
I've asked  a few of the vendors about it.  So far, they've all thought
it'd be a whole lot of work and haven't seen anyone who's done it.  It has
been suggested that folding windshields *MAY* have been a seldom ordered
option on 800's.  Maybe Howard  knows.

Doug

I have seen one like this that Jim at Anything Scout had.  I believe it was
a '67.  It looked like it was made from about six different Scouts-almost
every panel was a different color-so I assumed he had just taken the
windshield and panel from it and parted it in here.  I also may have been
the one to make Tom H. think this was possible, as he and I discussed this
about two or three weeks ago.  I think Tom is too smart to believe it just
because I said it, though!  Hope I didn't corrupt your knowledge, Tom!

Michael