RE: Raised Steering

Tom "Fireball" Mandera wrote:

> Not a simple "bolt in affair" in any manner.. at the least you have to
> drill n' tap and fab a new arm for the passenger side knuckle.  (Again,
> Ken,  your Travelall has 3 studs on the driver's side knuckle.. you need
> the mirror image of those studs on the passenger knuckle, and then a
> different, "straight" arm on the pass knuckle)

I need to get out today and compare those two setups.  I took a look at what
Darrel did, and it seemed like the only "custom" component was a steel block
about 7" long that was tapped, along with a hole tapped in the knuckle.
That shouldn't be too bad.  Of course, if I could just get a dropped pitman
arm from something else that uses a saginaw steering box - that would be
cheaper & better!

Ken Farmer
pharmer@domain.elided