Re: I need a tap!!

The aliens commander decided "Matt and Stacy Sopher" <sopher@domain.elided> would
make a perfect specimen for dissection, and he yelled...

>I need a tap, size 18 with a 1.50 thread width. It seems that no one in
>Grand Junction has one!
>If anyone from Denver to the west coast knows of a company who sells them,
>please let me know.

I assume you mean a 1-1/2" x 18 tpi thread?  If so...

MSC Industrial Supply Co. (www.mscdirect.com)
800-645-7270

HSS - Ground thread, Import manufacture
Plug style: 04874178
Bottom style: 04874186
Taper style: 04874194
Price: $50.16 ea

HSS - Ground thread, USA manufacture
Plug style: 74874173
Bottom style: 74874181
Taper style: 74874199
Price: $87.33 ea

If you mean a metric tap M18 (18mm) x 1.5 thread pitch, then...

HSS - Ground thread, Import manufacture
Plug style: 04993903
Price: $14.74 ea

HSS - Ground thread, USA manufacture
Plug style: 74991050, $24.92 ea
Bottom style: 74956301, 24.44 ea

If you mean an M18 x 1.5 pitch tap for spark plugs, then...

HSS - Ground thread, USA manufacture
USA: 65136154, $36.74 ea

MSC ships fast and is an all around excellent company to deal with.

Good luck,

John L.

jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must never
Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the destruction
WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J. Clinton
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of CT