From: owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided (ihc-digest)
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: ihc-digest V6 #822
Date: Mon, May 10, 1999, 9:29 PM

Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 19:14:41 EDT
From: Howard R Pletcher <n9ads@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Loosing Gas

You're not alone with this problem.  With mine it's about 3 days and
it's
hard to start.  I haven't figured out what the problem is, as my 78
has
the later 2 barrel carb with the integral float bowl.  Earlier ones,
which I would expect yours to be, had a problem of the gas leaking out
at
the gasket around the bowl.

You've also discovered my work-around for the problem--keep a bit of
gas
in a can nearby.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts