Re: Need info on B110

>Hi all,
>
>I was at a farm auction a few days ago and bought a '59 B110. When I was
>bringing it home, I noticed a sticker on the dash daying that it was equiped
>with a power-lok diff. I am wondering what kink of diff this would be. It
>looks like a full floater.
>
>I bought the truck simply because it was selling to cheaply. But the truck
>has a very heavy frame, and it looks like I could put an axle under the
>front without too much trouble. I am thinking of mounting a post pounder on
>the truck and using it for fencing on the farm.
>
>Any info about these trucks would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Cam Dingwall

That means it has a limited slip unit in the rear. The Powr-Lok design
(trade name spelling) was originally patented by a Brit outfit by the name
of Thornton, which was then swallowed by Salisbury, which was then
swallowed by Dana-Spicer. It is a very good, rugged unit.

These units were also used (probably built under license) in the Eaton,
drop-out style rear axles common in trucks the vintage of the one you
bought.

Regards, Greg