Re: Heads n' my 392

On Fri, 7 May 1999 Dent8@domain.elided wrote:

> >Anyone care to comment on the sanity of using a vacuum (mini-vac?) to
> >clean out the heads of the dirt dusting and *SUNFLOWER SEEDS*?
>
> Aren't walnut hulls used for decarbonising heads?  How long would sunflower
> seeds last in there?  Miniscule among !!392!! cubic inches.  I was just
> struck with a kinesthetic experience of how big !!392!! cubic inches is (are?
> Michael?).  cool.
> Fuel, spark, crank, YAH!

If the motor were *running* I think I'd just turn it over and go.. but I
imagine it'll take some work to make it run (sat for FIVE years y'know)..
I'll just clean the worst out and then give 'er a shot.

Yeah, 392 cubic inches is a bunch.. aren't the heads somewhere near
100cc?  (saw a thread on the BB about 345 heads being *shaved* and still
80-ish.. I'll CC the set of 345 heads I have when I get the chance and a
pipet).

My friends all talk about their wittle iddy biddy heads for their 302s
and 350s... ;-)