Re: Petersons 4wheel and offroad

Joel Webster wrote:

> they said that Scout II's with 196 and 258 engines had the Dana 30 front
> end regardless of year.  As far as I know that is wrong, all scouts built
> from the middle of 74 up to 80 all had Dana 44 front discs. Right?  If
> thats the case, Ill give them some shit about that too.

Only 71-74 had the AMC 258.  So the *standard* part would be a Dana 30
(well, '74 the '44 was standard but lots of 30s were subbed), but you
could get a Dana 44 upgrade.

Of course, the 196 was offered beyond '74, and it came stock with the
Dana 44 front and rear.. imagine that, a 4-banger with Dana 44s! (Now
imagine that I broke a hub to little bitty pieces with that 4cyl)

-Tom